I am a Ph.D. student working on memristor-based RF circuits, both front-end and back-end. My current work includes RF memristor modeling and the integration of memristive switches in RF circuits. The non-volatility, small footprint, and low-energy switching, combined with high RF performance make memristors excellent candidates for reconfigurable RF devices. I am also interested in VLSI, CMOS RF, and mixed-signals. In the past, I worked on Low-Power Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN).
I am also a TA in the EE faculty, teaching the VLSI course.
- N. Wainstein and S. Kvatinsky. “TIME – Tunable Inductors using MEmristors,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, October 2017.
N. Wainstein and S. Kvatinsky, “A Lumped RF Model for Nanoscale Memristive Devices and Non-Volatile Single-Pole Double-Throw Switches”, IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, January 2018.
L. Danial, N. Wainstein, S. Kraus, and S. Kvatinsky, “DIDACTIC: A Data-Intelligent Digital-to-Analog Converter with a Trainable Integrated Circuit using Memristors”, IEEE Journal on Emerging and Selected Topics in Circuits and Systems, December 2017.
Conferences and workshops
- N. Wainstein and S. Kvatinsky, “Reconfigurable RF Circuits using Memristors”, MemoCIS Workshop, Dubrovnik, Croatia, March 2018.
- N. Wainstein and S. Kvatinsky. “An RF Memristor Model and Memristive Single-Pole Double-Throw Switches,” IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS) Proceedings, May 2017.
- N. Wainstein , S. Kvatinsky. “RF Memristor Modeling,” Seiden Beyond-CMOS Workshop, Haifa, Israel, June 2017.
- N. Wainstein , S. Kvatinsky. “RF Memristor Modeling,” International Conference on Memristive Materials, Devices & Systems (MEMRISYS), Athens, Greece, April 2017.
- R.A. Suárez, R. Siri, N. Wainstein , G. Abal. “GOES-East satellite images processing in Uruguay and future perspectives,” National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Satellite Conference, May 2015.
- M. González, J. Schandy, N. Wainstein , L. Barboni, A. Gomez, C. Croce. “Wireless image-sensor network application for population monitoring of lepidopterous insect pest (moths) in fruit crops,” IEEE International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference (I2MTC) Proceedings, May 2014.
- M. González, J. Schandy, N. Wainstein, M. Beltran, N. Martínez, L. Barboni, A. Gómez. “A Wireless Sensor Network Application with Distributed Processing in the Compressed Domain,” Activity Monitoring by Multiple Distributed Sensing (AMMDS), August 2014.